Efficient and fast ship repair, refit and conversions
With Eastern Canada's most extensive array of docks, slipways, steel fabrication shops, outfit and machine shops and blast and paint operations, Irving Shipbuilding is well equipped to turn your next scheduled docking into a truly satisfying experience.
You will benefit from our full range of services to support your routine drydocking, refit or conversion, including:
- Docking & wharfage
- Slop disposal
- Mechanical (tail end, valve work etc)
- Blast, paint & high pressure water washing
- Steel renewals & prefabrication
- Pipe renewal, fabrication, installation & testing
With the advent of “cold weather coatings,” Irving Equipment is able to work in blasting and coating year round. In addition, we have devised a much safer method to remove rudders, propellers and tail shafts up to 75t without the use of traditional block and tackle removal methods.
The docks and wharfs, as well as along side, provide drafts over the blocks of up to 9 meters.
All our facilities are certified members of ISPS and operate 365 days a year.
Ask about the range of financial assistance programs that may be available to qualified customers undergoing major refit or conversions.
Irving Shipbuilding’s expertise in ship repair, refit and conversion projects include:
- Frigate Life Extension (FELEX) Program – Canadian Patrol Frigates (Current)
- Semi-Submersible Rig Accommodation
- Glomar Grand Banks Semi-Submersible Drill Rig.
- Numerous Frigates, Destroyers, & Supply Vessels.
- Conversion of Louis S. St. Laurent
- Conversion of a Fishing Trawler into a Seismic Vessel